Nominations open for Labour Appreciation Awards Night January 26, 2023
The following is from Labour United, United Way Elgin Middlesex.
Every year United Way Elgin Middlesex, in partnership with Labour United, recognizes local labour community activists who go above and beyond to make sure everyone in this region has a fair shot at their best life.
In a year that has tested our capacity to connect meaningfully with our neighbours, these dedicated folks have stepped up. They have helped us hear and elevate the stories of need and of hope in our community. They have mobilized their friends and co-workers to make a difference.
We want to celebrate these labour members who inspired us to be ReUnited this year. People who not only understand that we all need help sometimes but who also motivate us to recognize that we all can give help sometimes too.
We invite you to nominate your members, your co-workers and your friends who have helped bring us together in a common purpose to do good in the community.
The nomination deadline is December 15, 2022. Winners will be celebrated at our Labour Appreciation event on January 26, 2023.
- Nominees must be a member in good standing of a Union or Association
- Be sure to include those individuals who are our grassroots heroes and provide as much detail as possible to help the committee select the winners
- All winners will be honoured in person at the Labour Appreciation Awards Night.
- There will also be a special Lifetime Achievement Award recognizing a longtime committed activist
- The Labour United Committee will select and recognize:
- Labour Appreciation Award Honourees
- ChangeMaker, group or team Honouree
- Partnering with a Purpose a collaboration between teams or organizations
- Jim MacKinnon Community Builder Honouree
- All nomination criteria here