OHC: London Town Hall Follow-Up and Recording
February 17, 2023
The following is from the London Health Coalition and the Ontario Health Coalition:
Thank you very much to all who came to the London Virtual Town Hall meeting on the hospital crisis. We discussed how to make the fight visible, to show real resistance to the Ford government’s refusal to take urgent action to support our public hospitals while at the same time privatizing them.
If you were not able to make it to the Town Hall or would like to rewatch it, the recording is available on YouTube by clicking here: https://youtu.be/V9tC9_7CGBk
Here are some things you can do locally now:
- Volunteer! Reach out to the London health coalition co-chairs: Jeff Hanks email@example.com & Peter Bergmanis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the next London Health Coalition Meeting: Thursday, February 23rd at 6:30pm. Email for Zoom link.
- Sign up to become a Medicare Defender: Show Ford that he does not have a mandate to privatize our public hospitals. Show how massive the opposition is to privatization — really “profitization” — of our hospitals and health care. Sign up at www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca/#MedicareDefender
- Start the conversations: Talk to your neighbours, coworkers, family and friends. Put up a leaflet at your workplace, community bulletin or place of worship or hand them out to your neighbours. https://www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca/wp-content/uploads/Public-Medicare-Defenders-Leaflet.pdf
- Take a Survey: If you have had to pay for services at a private clinic or know someone who has, please fill out this survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0SYm3eHDxx2tYPxKOCSmSeeR8jiuqPsUH76Uu3vv8tT2jOQ/viewform
- If you are from a community outside of London and you would like to volunteer, please email us at email@example.com with VOLUNTEER in the subject line. Please don’t forget to tell us what community you are from.
London Health Coalition & Ontario Health Coalition